29 July 2011

I'm Dreaming of my Green Christmas!

If you've been following the blog for longer than six months, you might well remember this post.


About the day I thought I was going to attend a famed Ruth Pretty Christmas cooking class, and instead found myself on a magical adventure in Narnia. If you don't live around these here parts, I can possibly forgive you for not knowing who Ruth Pretty is (but no longer after reading this and checking out the Ruth Pretty Catering website I presume!)


Or you might also remember how when on a return visit to Ruth's kitchen shop on our summer holiday with Mark's parents, Ruth happened to stop by the shop whilst we were there, and remembered me from the blog I had written. She very kindly shouted us all coffees from her kitchen shop whilst we shopped up a storm...and by the way we're still loving the apple peeler, slicer, corer gadget that we picked up from the shop - it's become the ONLY way we eat apples on the weekend!


Anyhow I digress...

On Thursday I got an email from one of Ruth's staff asking if it was OK to link up my Narnia blog post to promote Ruth's new 2011 Christmas Cooking class themed I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas. Well of course it was!

But wait for it people, the best is yet to come.

This was promptly followed up by another email asking would I also like to come along to one of the classes as Ruth's guest?

Um hello.........would ANYONE in their right mind turn down an opportunity to experience a day like that again? I don't think so!

So......here I am, with the date on the calendar circled in a big FAT marker, and I'm already Dreaming of my Green Christmas to come.

What a lovely surprise to end an otherwise pretty ordinary week!

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

8 comments :

Nikki said...

Yay, go you! x

alicia said...

Fun opportunity. And lovely shots girl.

alicia said...

Fun opportunity. And lovely shots girl.

alicia said...

Fun opportunity. And lovely shots girl.

Penny said...

I must have missed the original post but just re read it now, lovely and beautifully written, you have a sense of the magical when you write.

Anonymous said...

oh Meghan that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!
I too missed the original post...but can I tell you
the images are gorgeous!
no wonder she wants to use that post to promote her class...she is one smart cookie!
love having special things like this to look forward to...don't you?
so good
keep up the amazing work with your photography
you are doing amazing...is your cooking as good??? lol

love and light

Sammy said...

GREEN with envy (hehe!) Enjoy it and take lots of lovely photos again!

Anonymous said...

J.E.A.L.O.U.S that is SO awesome. Yay for you. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails