My great friend Becky has reminded me (on several occasions lately!) that I'd promised to post the recipe for her. So here you go chick!
Vegetables for stir-frying (courgette/broccoli/peppers - whatever is your standard fare!)
Bunch of spring onions (optional)
1 chicken breast chopped into small chunks (per 2 people), can double it - still works with the recipe
1 tsp crushed real ginger (we use a jar of lazy ginger)
Finely grated zest of 1 lime or lemon
1 tin of low-fat (or full depending on your preference) coconut cream
125ml chicken stock
1 tsp Thai green curry paste (or more if you like it spicier!)
Chopped fresh basil or coriander (for garnish)
Salt and pepper
1 cup rice per 2 people
1. Stir fry veges until just cooked
2. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes or until sealed
3. Add the ginger, lime/lemon zest, coconut milk, stock, curry paste, soy sauce.
4. Heat until almost boiling. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
5. Cook the rice on the stove or in the microwave using your normal methods.
5. Season the curry with salt and pepper and serve on a bed of rice.
6. Drizzle lemon/lime juice over the curry
7. Garnish with basil and coriander.
And Becky, now that you finally have the recipe, I hope get a chance to make it soon!