I am a big fudge fan. My friend Sally makes possibly the best Russian fudge ever, and on the occasions she has given us a batch, it has not lasted long.
When you've found such a delicious version, I always think it's a bit risky to try and attempt to make something to rival it.
So it's a good thing this recipe is not for Russian Fudge then isn't it!! That being said, this fudge is utterly delicious in a smoother, creamier way, and oh so easy (says hubby who made it!)
2 tbsp golden syrup
395g tin of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup brown sugar
100g Nestle White Chocolate Melts or 100g white chocolate (we used normal white chocolate and grated it)
1. Line a 7cm x 25cm slice pan with baking paper or tin foil.
2. Melt butter in pan. Add golden syrup, sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar.
3. Stir over low heat until boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat, add white chocolate and mix until smooth.
5. Pour into the lined pan, refrigerate until set. Cut in squares.
Try not to eat it all at once!